View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 10:37 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  
ee1979

Hi Everyone,

Still here- Day 5 today. On holiday with the family in France and was just thinking last night how I would normally have been about 8 beers in after dinner. I have been feeling quite moody the last days, and definitely irritable. I am starting to realise that certain friends back home are not a good influence to be around once I get back. My best friend is an alcoholic, but definitely doesn't think he is. I guess we have reinforced each others drinking over the years, but never really had an honest conversation about it.

I am wondering how I can fill the void that all the years of drinking has become. The upside is that there are so many things I have wanted to do that I never did, because my AV was always planning the next drinking session. I am also accepting that I am going to need to try to get some support when I get home. I have just always been very nervous about attending an AA meeting. I think I am ready to look into all of that.

Congrats to Repeat1234 for 4 days sober.

TeeJayVerm - I have similar sentiments. I once managed a couple of months sober, but it was a few years ago. I am also ready to take this seriously and beat some of my records.

Thank you Dee for your unwavering support.

I wish you all a positive, constructive, sober day.