View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 08:01 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  
SoberLeigh

Greetings, all. I have missed you.

I can finally see out of my right eye again so typing is much easier. The lesion under my eye is healing but still looks dreadful - I would probably scare young children and other innocents on the street.

Dragon, I hope that you are feeling better. It is hard to see my happy friend sad. Love to you, my friend.

Dragon, when my Mom died, it took ages to go through my Mom’s things/make decisions on what to keep,/what to donate, and then how to sort and divide among her children and grandchildren. It was a hard process as so many decisions were made based on sentiments and memories, rather than value. My Mom’s final years were horrendous; her days and nights were filled with terrifying and dark altered realities and hallucinations - symptoms and manifestations of the Lewy Body Dementia. Right before her dramatic decline, she offered me one of her jackets to wear as the temps had dropped during our visit. It was only a short scoot to my car but she didn’t want me ‘to catch cold’. It was the last nice thing that my Mom did for me; I simply couldn’t give that jacket away (and it is in no way something that I would buy) because of my Mom’s ‘care’ that day. Every time I open the hall closet and see that dreadfully ugly jacket my heart warms with love and helps to banish some of the horrendous memories of those final years. (Beware, you may end up with something odd or ugly hanging around ).

It is going to take me ages to catch up. Off to read back and hopefully catch a glimpse of MidnightBlue.

Love to all.