Thread: My journey
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 07:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
dwtbd
quat

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ined-long.html (AVRT Explained (long))

slipnslide
There in Secular recovery is a great thread to see the ideas I'm talking about, AVRT really resonated with me , check it out, more to it than I could explain in one post , yeah ?

As to the BP , the big plan , if you meet someone and they tell you they used to drink but no longer do and never plan to again, what do you imagine they 'thought
to themselves when they decided that? Even without ever having heard of AVRT/RR it wouldn't be much different, yeah?

To get 'there' they would have to make that pledge to themselves , no ? AVRT articulates what to do with doubt about your ability to remain abstinent and what to do about any thoughts, feelings or images of future drinks. ( separate from and ignore them), how to recognize the AV and shut it down.

Any doubt in your ability to quit based on past successes at getting more drinks , is your AV , learning how to 'hear' it and assigning its motivations as nothing more than keeping the addiction alive will show that the motivation to keep the addiction alive isn't coming from your truer more rational self, yeah?

You don't come to SR and ask advice on how to remain chained to indulging the desire for booze , yeah ? YOU are looking to get out from under IT and YOU CAN, screw IT. Rootin for ya