Old 07-20-2018, 06:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
bunchie

What is it ? , That makes a person alcoholic.

Are we alcoholics predestined to be alcoholic? Or did we do this to ourselves? Why can some people drink daily two or three drinks then go home? And I once I start have a very hard time stopping. I at an early age had a huge tolerance for alcohol. My father was a chronic alcoholic, incredibly drunk everyday, 3 ouis , lost jobs , turned out he was also bipolar manic depressant. They say alcoholism is a disease , that alcoholics are predestined to become alcoholics, however if one never chooses to start drinking in the first place they never will become an alcoholic. In my opinion I think alcoholics are predestined but I also believe there are some alcoholic's who become addicted because of choice, either way there is no difference they both need help in the end. Is there any scientific evidence of predetermined alcoholism. I have heard of addictive personalities, people who are preety much addicted to everything, is there a way to determine this before the person heads down the destructive path.i sure as hell wish I knew before I went down the path of destruction, I know it's my fault no one forced me to drink, I saw warning signs in my late 20s , but continued on, denial came easy and I always worked and hung out with drunks who would just laugh at incredibly sad adventures, I never considered AA, I was a classic binge drinker,Holidays and weekends to excess, never drank normally , and basically have been a drunk for 38 of my 58 years on this planet. It is time to stop it's no longer fun, but as I read these posts I come across many people who are relapsing and I wonder if the ones who relapse are the chronic alcoholic like my father or the person who became an alcoholic by choosing to drink and transforming their brain into an alcoholic brain. I read somewhere , where the alcoholic processes alcohol different from non alcoholic people.