View Single Post
Old 07-17-2018, 11:56 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
MindfulMan
No Dogma Please

Originally Posted by Pathwaytofree View Post
That's impressive. I'm not sure I'm there yet, as far as serving alcoholic beverages in my home.
It took a minute. I still don't trust myself with open bottles of hard liquor in the house. Beer and wine OK, I can serve them and not want it myself.

Everyone is different, has different triggers, and different levels of triggering. I had a few cases of wine left in the house when I got back from rehab, I still have some left. Just not a temptation.

Vodka is though. I don't think I'll ever have hard liquor in my house, unless I buy it for a party, open it for guests, and send any remainder home with someone or immediately pour it out. Sounds like too much trouble tho. Nobody needs a cocktail that badly, and if they do, I'll drop them off at a treatment center!

If you think it's a trigger, don't even try to serve wine and beer! Not worth it. I only knew because it was already there. I had plans to drive it all over to someone else's house but that didn't happen for a few days and I realized in the meantime that I was over it.