Thread: Worried
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2018, 10:22 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Worriedwifey88

Originally Posted by DesertDad04 View Post
You have every right to and should confront him. I was still hiding empty cans up until 3 days ago when I had a major eye opener and decided I have to quit booze forever. I had a great place to stash empties until my wife uncovered them one night after I blacked out. I resorted to other hiding locations but would forget where I stashed them so I would have a frantic search in the morning. I started texting myself the locations at night so I would know where to look in the morning. See how ridiculous this sounds? I deserved confrontation. I hid the empties because I was ashamed and wanted to cover up the issue I know I have so I could
Continue to drink and ruin my life. You need to help provide accountability to your husband. If he loves you he will understand. It would probably be better if you abstained as well. It might take a few days of a clear head but he will understand.
I am definitely quitting. Just realizing how desperately I want a drink is plenty of evidence enough that I should not be drinking at all. I want a couple blue moons so much.
I did confront him. He likes to use the excuse of his being a man and having a higher tolerance than me as a rational that he’s fine. He was drinking while I was at work and then would try to time it so I wouldn’t catch on...
But I straight up pointed out to him that 6 bottles in 2 weeks is not ‘normal ‘ alcohol use.