Old 07-16-2018, 01:04 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
trailmix

Originally Posted by Glenjo99 View Post
any ongoing emotional or physical abuse would not be tolerated. I know, I know!
Hey, it may seem hypocritical but the thing is you do know and that's huge. We don't all solve problems at the drop of a hat and it's a learning experience too, sometimes we have to do that.

If you decide to distance yourself completely, if you decide to remain just friends, if you decide to continue the relationship, this self examination of what your needs and boundaries are is a great thing for you going forward, regardless of how your current relationship goes.

Short story here. I was in a relationship that was totally unhealthy (for lack of a better term). Knew it, we broke off, away he went. Now I was realllllllly depressed over this, panicky, sad, I mean it was dark. I think, in retrospect, there were a lot of other issues with ME there, but anyway, I said "short".

I said, come back here and stay with me and let's look at this. Ok, person comes back and it's kind of - not really - ok for a while, then it is so totally not ok. Now I knew this, but I needed to see it through and I did and that was that.

Anyway, that's where i'm coming from.