Old 07-16-2018, 12:23 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Glenjo99

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
Well, if nothing else this will enable you to have compassion for those that come to you for counselling. Not saying you are not compassionate but you have now walked in their shoes.

Here's a thought. First of all, if you had someone in counselling and they told you your story, what would you advise?

Secondly, have you pondered that if you were in a relationship with someone else how much that might bring to you? In a healthy relationship there is give and take. People don't disappear for weeks with no contact, they don't belittle, they don't rage they don't insult or make you fearful.

You sound like a nice, thoughtful person, is this the partner you want?
Thanks for the compliment. I know what you mean, who knows if he does the work on himself he might be different in the future but for not it may be time for me to take my own life back and if we come together again all the better. Sounds good anyway but actually doing it is the thing. As for what I would advise someone who came to me, its nondirective counselling so we let clients come up with their own solutions (person centred), but any ongoing emotional or physical abuse would not be tolerated. I know, I know!