Old 07-16-2018, 11:33 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Glenjo99

Originally Posted by PuzzledHeart View Post
There was something you said in an earlier thread

that set off alarm bells in my head.

I don't know if you're still in school or what, because I can't conceive of a life where I would have enough time to talk to somebody five or six times a day.

I'm going to suggest that the empty spaces in your schedule could be filled with something else that gets you closer to achieving the dreams you have. What makes you want to get up in the morning? What adventures do you want to have under your belt fifty years from now?

It's got to be a bit more than find a husband and start a family, because honestly, that can be a bit out of your control. What you can control are the things that you do for yourself, the dreams that you want to pursue. The ironic thing about this is that if you work on yourself, you become way better in figuring out what you want in a relationship.

I'm in my late forties, but I remember being in my twenties and wasting way too much time for guys/friends that needed a lot of work because I wanted to be nice and I didn't want to be judgmental. What I didn't realize then is that time is a limited resource, and the time I spent being with a person who didn't want to commit wholeheartedly to a relationship, romantic or otherwise, was time that I could have spent with my true blue friends, family and/or myself.

One thing's for sure, the older you get, the less patience you have for that kind of push/pull shenanigans.
I know what you mean. The push pull shenanigans do wear thin, and there is an age Gap here as well, so that is a factor. I'm a mature student now and work part time, ironically I'm studying counselling (couldn't make it up). Still goes to show that we are all human and need help.