Old 07-16-2018, 11:26 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Glenjo99

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
Really all you can do is wait and see. How frustrating is that?

He is, obviously, not behaving the way he has in the past and with good reason. He has changed. That's tough on your relationship for sure but he is different and hopefully will remain different - for his sake.

Have you ever been in a high state of mental anxiety? When a person is it is all but impossible to take on any more, that means other people, situations. It's like your coping mechanisms are focused on your own well being and you don't have room for more.

I would suspect that recovery can be somewhat like that and that may be where he is at.

Is this ideal for you? No way, not even close but it is the way it is for the foreseeable future. You have probably depended on each other for some time, shared a lot. Since that has now changed you too will have to grab some coping mechanisms for yourself.

How are you doing? It's been a few weeks are you more settled or do you ruminate about this all the time?
I'm doing ok, bit better than I was, still ruminate at times and miss him more than anything else I suppose. What you said about being in a state of high anxiety is really appropriate. That's how he seemed on Saturday when he rang very anxious, as is to be expected. He has to look after himself for now I get that, so really realising that everything has changed is still only settling in.