Old 07-16-2018, 08:35 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Glenjo99

Originally Posted by atalose View Post
Are you making an assumption of his anger based on a text message where he said he was not contacting anyone until he gets out? It sounds like he rang you on Saturday and chatted for a short period of time but seemed distant. Maybe your feeling of him being distant is making you feel scared of losing the friendship/more and feel the need to secure your status in his life.

It’s a confusing time for both of you right now. His focus has to be on himself and his sobriety and there may be no room for a distant friend/more on any kind of a regular bases. You seem to want more and you want to offer more but you may have to support him by respecting the boundaries he sets for himself and the distance he may need.
I would say yes the feeling of him being distant is feeding into the fear of loosing the relationship. It's so confusing for both at moment, but I suppose I will have to wait and see. I've been learning a lot about boundaries and for sure I will chat with him about these and go from there. I could be worrying about nothing but would like to be prepared.