Old 07-16-2018, 06:18 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Glenjo99

He is about to leave rehab, seems distant.

Hi, I have a couple of threads in here detailing my story but basically my friend is about to leave rehab next week ( we have been more than friends at times). We were very close and he would ring and Text me several times a day. He relapased in June and went into rehab. He rang me Saturday morning for a few minutes, it was great to chat to him but he seemed a bit distant. I know from reading some stuff in here that this can be normal. I text him last night and he said he wasn't contacting anyone untill he gets out, which I was confused about after he'd rang me, seemed quite angry. I was bit taken aback, so I suppose I'm asking should I expect more of the same now? He mentioned his new friends in rehab and how they are in a group chat thing etc so I expect he will lean on them naturally. I know it sounds selfish but I'm guessing I'm going to be taking a backseat and not hearing from him as much? I'm trying to tread carefully whilst at same time just being myself and not too formal or strange about it. Any input would be welcome. It's a long distance friendship aswell which adds to my fear of it fading.