Old 07-11-2018, 06:14 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
amy55

Everyone here is so nice... I'm not leaving here, I consider everyone here as my family. I love coming here and sharing my progress and updates, because I know everyone here will understand. It's been a long journey and I could not have done it without all the support that I received here.

I'm at a really good place in my life right now, something that I never expected. I have learned to live and let live, to let go of things when I need to, and to finally concentrate on controlling my life and the way that "I" want it to be.

I have let go of the past, I can actually give hugs to both my ex and his gf when I see them, (actually I like the gf more then I ever liked my ex). I know I was very bitter for a really long time. I had to let that bitterness, and also the anger go. I'm not saying that anger is a bad thing, I had to use that anger to improve my life. I had to give up denial, and I had to give up hope. Hope that I could change another person, that is not possible.

I have gone from trying to have "hope" that the person I married would someday treat me like a human to wondering how I can repay the kindness of others. I can't repay that kindness, I just hope to pass it along to someone else.

Domestic Abuse is still deep in my heart. NO ONE DESERVES TO BE TREATED THAT WAY. I just can't keep reliving what I went through.

I learned a lot of hard facts about myself also while being a part of this forum, and I thank you for that. It all made me a better person, and also got me to look to myself instead of pointing my finger to someone else.

So, my new life begins, as I close the book on the last chapter of my life.

Will be picking up my new puppy, Jasper, on Monday, after visiting friends in Wilkes-Barre this weekend. Will post pics of my new baby.

((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))
amy