Thread: End of Journey
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 08:46 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
fini

.... but you are still dedicating every day to the idea of recovery and addiction, after long term sobriety .

My initial question was exactly that scenario, not the thought of craving a drink. I totally get it, if you want to be involved in helping others for ever, and making this journey a hobby or a past time.

not a touchy subject at all, cotwo.
you are making a lot of assumptions, though, and putting your frame of reference on me and my experience.
i neither "dedicate" every day to anything, though yeah, i find the "idea of recovery" and interesting one. what is the "idea", and why are there so many, and what are they and what is my actual experience??? those are some of my questions and musings, just some, and i find them fascinating.

not a hobby or pastime at all...something i have a profound interest in.
sooo many big questions, that lead to other big ones pretty much right off the bat: what is mind? for example: if a person is five months abstinent and thinks of alcohol or drinking a lot....why is that? they are not physically addicted anymore. so it must be in "the mind". so...what is this, and what is this about??
on and on....more and more big questions: how do i live my life? what is a good and "decent" life?

you could say i have a passion for all this.

you are possibly forgetting that people have other parts of days. meaning: you have no idea what i/many others here do with the rest of my day.

in any case, no, you will not need to be here if you do not wish to be. entirely possible to be never drinking again without being involved anywhere with regards to recovery or being recovered.