View Single Post
Old 07-08-2018, 05:09 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
DontRemember

Originally Posted by Free39 View Post
Would be interested in knowing what your plan was. I was supposed to go to my first AA meeting today. I was actually kind of excited about it. But when 5'oclock hit, I decided I was too tired to go. I think one of my issues while using is procrastination.
Congratulations on your 18 months of sobriety, you should be proud of yourself!!
I started attending more AA meetings than required by the courts(that's over now). Removed toxic 'things'(people,places,things) from my life to the best of my ability. Read and post daily here. Started making amends to people my drinking had a negative effect on(I'm still working on this),that's releived a lot of stress I'd drink over in the past. Regained some form of spirtuality I had lost throughout the years(I'm not religious). That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

I wish I had had the courage to walk through the doors of AA like was suggested when I first joined here. Would have saved me...well..from me. Seriously..check it out,if only for a few times to see if it's for you. I was welcomed on my first day and I was ashamed to be there with a court slip in my hand. It didn't matter. They still cared and wanted to offer me much needed support.