View Single Post
Old 07-08-2018, 03:31 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  
Gilmer

My friend just wrote back thanking me for my flexibility, explaining that her brother was coming home from the hospital, and she was the only one available to pick him up. She thanked me very much for my flexibility and said that the 25th would be great.

I guess she didn’t see the later email I sent her.

I had reacted without knowing all the facts, and I feel bad about that.

I wrote back”I’m sorry, but I can’t actually do the 25th. I’d be cramming you into an already full day, and not only do I think I’d be tired, but I wouldn’t be able to do our time justice.

“The only dates I have available between now and September are July 31 and August 6.

“I have my bucket list vacations with my daughters planned during August, when I’m still fairly confident that I’ll be in decent health.

I hope that was softer.

Truth be told, some extra dates did open up today at the end of July—but for now I’m just going to “schedule” them for myself.

For her I’m sticking to July 31 or Aug 6—if not those, then maybe September.

I truly do want to see her.

I feel guilty for not opening up the extra dates—I fear I still might be feeling the slightest bit passive-aggressive.

But I’m going to let things stand.

I’m tired tonight. A good night’s sleep will definitely help me get things more in proportion.