View Single Post
Old 07-07-2018, 06:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
PhoenixJ

Marc- when it comes to addiction- there is no normal. I will, however share my experience.
I was, like you angry at everything yesterday- the guy in front on the road driving so slowly, myself with memories of such a destructive past, whatever.
The first thing to accept is anger is an emotion, so it IS normal. I took most of the day working out (I perceive) the root cause of THAT anger episode...2nd time speaking to son (he is 29)) in 4y. His response, although friendly made is pretty apparent I will not be playing a part in his life anytime/soon. So I was angry with me, my genetic predisposition to booze, thus- my deceased dad and bro (both alcies) etc. Even tho I do not always understand why I am angry- or what the cause is..I know what to do in the short term, and perhaps more importantly what NOT to do. I did the HALTS bit (if stressed- ask yourself are you Hungry,, Angry, Lonely, Tired/thirsty or Sad/stressed? If the answer is yes- fix it or work out how to fix it or de-stress.
So I went for a long drive in lovely, lonely hills- Winter here, to think and accept the anger instead of trying to get rid of it. Then I had something to eat. Then I went to a meeting and shared. Then I wrote stuff down in a journal. It got me through the day.
Support to you. PJ