View Single Post
Old 07-06-2018, 09:33 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
lizatola

Originally Posted by trailmix View Post
I agree (again, in a non-judgmental way for sure as I have all but moved in once).

I have made a decision for myself that I will never live with someone unless, as Dandylion put it, marriage is imminent. I have no little children so it's strictly for me.
AMEN. Yeah, lesson learned for me, even if there aren't kids involved. It's just not for me.
I want to be with someone who wants to be with me forever even if they know challenges will be coming in our future. And, if that never happens, that's OK too.

Bf's ex wife reached out today to thank me for being so good to the kids and she wished me well and told me that she hopes I meet an awesome guy because I'm too nice and I deserve better. She then offered to let me see the kids on her time and that she'd love to get us all together.

I'm so grateful to my friends and new work friends because I have been in tears, with gratitude. People who hug me out of nowhere, people who give me support, offer their time, a coffee, a listening ear, etc. I feel so very blessed.

I made my bf's dad cry tonight because I called him to tell him I was leaving. We talked for a bit but eventually I said, "Well, I hope bf meets a woman that suits his needs and meets someone who is a better fit." His dad said, "The only woman who would be a good match for him is one whose mouth is sewn shut since she'll never get to voice her opinion over his." Well, yeah, there's that, lol. I thanked him for his perspective and he said he would miss me terribly and that he wanted to keep in touch.

I'm crying as I type. I have wonderful neighbors who are helping me move and they keep saying, "Why are we helping you LEAVE us? We still support you...."

Like I said, great people in my life. And, I'm truly so grateful. I work for a great company, have a good manager and team at work, and I love my life. It's just going to take time to work through it all.