Old 07-06-2018, 05:04 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Seren
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Glenjo99 View Post
Sad thing is you can get the best advice in the world from lots of lovely people, but at the end of the day all you want is to text your mate and say I miss you, I care about you, and I support you. For today I'll resist.
Believe me, I know this hurts. I know how very much this hurts. I miss my friends, too. It is painful to be shut out of the life of someone you care for very much. But it does happen--for a variety of reasons. I will probably never know those reasons, either.

Acceptance really is the only way forward. As much as I would like to argue against the silence, I can't. As much as I would like to know the "why's", I won't. I have to accept that, cry, pick myself back up and move forward.

And I pray--every day--that my friends are OK. That they are happy or at least working toward happy. That they are surrounded by supportive and loving people who bring joy to their world. And I have not prayed to be one of those people, because then my prayer becomes about me--and it isn't about me. It's about them and their ultimate well-being.

And yes, it hurts, and I am sad, too. I hope that you have a peaceful evening and that tomorrow dawns just a bit brighter.