Old 07-06-2018, 09:05 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
trailmix

Your friend is an alcoholic/addict who has just relapsed, attempted suicide (or so he said) is either in denial about his sexuality or is totally confused and is currently in a rehab facility.

Those are the facts.

Is this the person you want as a romantic partner?

I am not saying he is not "worthy" or at the root of it is not a good person, I'm sure he is or you wouldn't be around him at all probably. He must have good attributes.

Thing is, he is an addict and he is going through a very trying time. While an apology would be nice I wouldn't be focusing on that at all. He is attempting (I hope) to pull his life together. Think about that for a minute. How hard is that?

With all that perhaps he doesn't have the emotional capacity to even consider you right now. In fact his actions during your visit would indicate just that.

Please know I don't mean to be harsh but it's important to look at these facts I think.

You don't mention the relationship before the holiday. Alcohol, cocaine, what is his history, how long was he "sober"? Has he been abusive and erratic before? You don't live in the same area, you wonder if he planned this binge. Realistically you don't even know if he was sober before you arrived.