Old 07-06-2018, 07:26 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
marie1960

I do not believe” I am sorry” is in an active addict ‘s vocabulary . Can’t say if it’s because they have blacked out and have zero recollection of their bad actions, or if they are simply refusing to take responsibility for themselves.

I remember pointing out to The ex alcoholic the damage he had caused the night before in his blackout lifestyle. Honestly, he would get this smirk on his face, he found it so funny that he did not remember setting the kitchen on fire, or burning up my expensive area rug. He didn’t remember falling of the porch, damn near impaling himself on the fence below, oh and it wasn’t him who ever pis*ed the bed. It was always someone else fault that he got into an argument when we would go out,

My point being , that the smirk he would get on his face, was actually an affirmation of his level of maturity, any normal person would be embarrassed, apologize, and work on not repeating these negative actions. Apparently that is not how he was wired, he was always looking to up the ante of bad behavior.

You deserve better, long distance relationships are challenging enough in normal circumstances, it appears he may have been misrepresenting himself. Hang in ther it will get better.