Old 07-06-2018, 06:52 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Glenjo99

Originally Posted by marie1960 View Post
how can someone be your best friend one day and the next not?

In life, it is best to make decisions based on Facts.

I understand you are hurt and baffled by what has transpired, currently your emotions and feelings for this person are overpowering the reality of the situation.

You had to check into a motel as you feared for your safety, you state ,he was being verbally abusive, and feared it would escalate to a physical assault. You Also took an early flight home to get away from the unacceptable situation.

Thank goodness, you took the necessary step to keep yourself out of harms way. That is the ugly reality of this situation. I certainly do not want to come across as insensitive or cruel, but if you cut the emotional bond out of this equation, and focus on the facts of the situation, it might help you in healing. You dodged a bullet, he currently is unavailable to be in any type of healthy relationship. I would accept it as a moment in time, nothing more, nothing less, and go forward.

Sometimes these things happen, embrace the life lesson, and get back to living your life. It really doesn’t matter that he is not reaching out to you, what is it you want him to say or think he should say that would make this an acceptable situation.? It’s like waking up from a bad dream, and trying to fall back asleep, but your mind is trying to give the bad dream a happy ending.
I suppose what I want him to say is sorry for everything that happened that weekend, we had planned the trip (was meant to be 10 days) since January. That way I know he still isn't blaming me and we could get back to our friendship, it comes down to the fact I miss his regular contact aswell, so apart from the holiday being ruined which I can let go, he's taken our friendship away too.

I like what you say about it being a moment in time, that's so true and helps me to move past it, it's done now. I think I did Dodge a bullet that night for sure, yet strange how guilty I feel for leaving him, he said he went crazy because I left and tried to commit suicide. It was a bad dream for sure, I would love him to acknowledge it with me. I suppose like you say my emotions are probably in the way but hard not to.