View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 10:49 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
MidnightBlue
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Originally Posted by kopfan View Post
Good to see a few more people climbing back aboard the wagon. Welcome YuriO, nmd, Sober369.

I've just been looking back to see where I came off the tracks - 05 February 2017 was my last post after 10 months sober. Then I gave into "one drink won't hurt love"

When I compare my life now to eighteen months ago I can see the difference like night and day. After ten months sober I'd been working on a well paid new contract, lost weight and things were going great. I can see the downward slope I've been on ever since I started drinking again. Nothing dramatic, but clearly I need to get back with the plan.

There is no future in drinking. Only averageness at best. I'm ready to stay the course.
Hi, Kopfan.

I saw your name the other day and memories about the time when I joined SR just flooded.

I found our October 2012 class thread and your post jumped in. Maybe, some travelling in time get your own wisdom and experience to reinforce your new commitment.

This post of yours is dated November 1, 2012.

"Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
There seems to be a lot of people feeling the holiday blues...think of how good it will be to wake up sober tomorrow tho

D
Yep you are right Dee. It is the best feeling!

Day Eighteen and into a new month we go.

To all of those struggling to get past the first few days (like I did for months and months) it does get slightly easier and easier each day.

The AV is still present but it gets easier to fight him off as each day passes. You grow stronger with each episode that you don't give in and your self control starts to assert itself. I like to think I am progressively reversing the progressive disease.

The biggest battle for me was fought over the first ten days. It took me fully two whole minutes before I thought of a beer on waking today. That shows progress from the thoughts of drinking that would strike within seconds of waking up.

When my AV asks me for a drink today I just think to myself "what's the point". What's the point in a few beers anyway even if I could just restrict myself to that.

Peace and sobriety to all.

Best wishes to all.