View Single Post
Old 07-05-2018, 10:27 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  
YuriO

Originally Posted by kopfan View Post
Good to see a few more people climbing back aboard the wagon. Welcome YuriO, nmd, Sober369.

I've just been looking back to see where I came off the tracks - 05 February 2017 was my last post after 10 months sober. Then I gave into "one drink won't hurt love"

When I compare my life now to eighteen months ago I can see the difference like night and day. After ten months sober I'd been working on a well paid new contract, lost weight and things were going great. I can see the downward slope I've been on ever since I started drinking again. Nothing dramatic, but clearly I need to get back with the plan.

There is no future in drinking. Only averageness at best. I'm ready to stay the course.
Nothing dramatic here either, but also weight gain, and a sore lower back as a result, I think.

There's also the many small decisions in everyday life - what to eat, how to spend my time / money. What to say to others... I just am feeling really guilty. Coming back here does give me a feeling of hope and support. Here's to averageness and staying the course!