Old 07-05-2018, 10:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
dwtbd
quat

" a ten year addiction isn't going to go away just like that. "

Sure it can , that is what AVRT is all about, with a Big Plan the time it takes to say or think" I will never use cocaine again and I will never change my mind" is the time it takes to end the addiction.

Will there be residual desire for drugs/drinking ? (I'm going to go on experience here and say " uh, Yeah!" ) But AVRT is for that too , it ,AVRT ,RR/TNC are the methods to use to live comfortably with residual desire after ending an addiction.

Having the desire, the Beast, and hearing Its bark, the AV, isn't the 'cause' of addiction , agreeing with the AV and acting on indulging the Beast is.

Separating your own better, more rational thoughts from AV , recognizing that thoughts and positive feelings for future intoxication can't come from your true self, once a Big Plan is made . The resolve you instill in yourself, the resolve we have always possessed but failed to bring to bear, is the resolve that cements the BP and makes it permanent and unconditional.
That resolve can't/ doesn't admit for future use, how or why could it ? WE are done with the addiction , we are never going to allow the addicition to 'come back' or 'restart', yeah ?

Any thought or feeling of future use has to come from 'somewhere' other than our truer, more rational selves, it comes from the IT.

And the IT is a quadriplegic parasite that is forever cut off from Its supply , too bad for It.