View Single Post
Old 07-02-2018, 09:51 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
mirrorball

Originally Posted by Futurehope79 View Post
Hey!

Certainly is! I can't remember the last time it rained here in the midlands. And I've just read it's set to continue for another 2 weeks.

I've also tried to stop a few times before now, the last serious one was at new year but I failed miserably. I'm more of a weekend binger and I definitely noticed it getting worse over the last 6 months, Thurs - Monday and then a few days of anxiety riddled recovery. Then the merry-go-round would start again.

Last weekend I just knew I couldn't do this anymore, putting my health at risk, my job at risk, my relationship at risk - for what?!

So yeah I'm with you on this one - I'm feeling a lot more hopeful and I'm working on a plan to stick with it.

Good luck - nice to meet you. Keep in touch if you want to chat.
Sounds like we are in a similar place Futurehope, I had a bit of a watershed moment last weekend, came home at 8 am after a bender on cocaine, kids were playing in the garden and I was too wasted to interact with them, just sat there crying. Husband disappointed in me... he is being supportive now I have given up but I cannot expect his support to continue if I let him down again.

Since then deleted all numbers/contacts. A part of me still wants to do it, but a bigger part of me wants to be free of it, permanently.

Really think it's my time now after 10 years a cokehead, if I don't do it now I don't know if I ever will... it's never gonna get any easier and probably a whole lot harder.