Thread: Recovery
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2018, 07:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Alyg0910

Recovery

I’m 29 years old. I was never a drinker, always the responsible one of my friends. About 4 yrs ago I started to suffer with extreme anxiety. I also got into an abusive relationship which is when I started heavily drinking. I would drink every night to avoid the emotional and physical abuse I went through. It became a habit even after I was able to get myself out of the relationship a little over a year ago. I still drink 5-6 days of the week, about 6 drinks a night. I work 3 to 11 shift so I drink when I get home and quickly, end up passing out by 2 am. I’m a nurse and my hands shake all the time to th point I have trouble giving injections. I am so self conscious of it and when I notice other people noticing it makes it so much worse. I don’t shake when I’m alone but only in public. I hate it. I know some of it has to do with drinking but my anxiety and how much I care about what people think of me makes it worse. I almost want to quit my career because of it. If I stop drinking will the shakes go away or are they permanent ? How long does it take?