Old 06-30-2018, 08:59 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Stayingsassy

Originally Posted by silentrun View Post
I can relate to a sudden realization about drinking. She said she knew in her bones she would never drink again; I knew in my bones I was in big trouble.

I didn't have a rock bottom in the way people usually say it like getting in trouble. I had a rock bottom emotionally though where I was starting to convince myself that my family would be better off without me.

I knew in my bones the day I quit. That's why I hesitate to tell anyone how to quit drinking. I was simply finished with it, to the extent that I felt the freedom and the relief in my gut before I had even begun the shaking and the sweating.

I say it was AVRT that helped me but was it, really...when I never had to actually make a big plan because I already knew there was no instance in which I would drink again? No day too dark too drink: I KNEW this.

I did go to AA to sit in their meetings but never wanted to do the steps, just never really felt it was necessary....why? I had already stopped for good. And as for AV? Can I really call the weird thoughts I would get, which were just generally negative feelings, or sugar cravings, as AV when I had actually stopped wanting alcohol?

for me the knowing I had quit went along with a lack of desire to drink. They were both there at the same time. Not only was I done, I didn't want to drink any more.

Not everyone has that moment so I caution myself in recommending methods.