View Single Post
Old 06-30-2018, 09:01 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
D122y
Blue Belt

Ready,

Ime...it was harder initially to go to drinking events for me too, but i never let that stop me. I didn't want to make a big deal out of quitting yet. So far it has worked out.

On a few occasions, some of the more aggressive folks would pressure me. That led to my 1/2 shot 28 Aug. I didn't have strength yet to insist or whatever.

I came back to SR prepared to start drinking in moderation on special occasions. Folks here advised me. I changed my mind.

I will never drink again. I have a plan to handle situations where i might be overly tempted.

Once.my sister asked me how i resist drinking at the various occasions. I told her if i chose to drink again, i could drink all day, everyday at home on my own. Plus, drinking always always made me look and feel tired to exhausted.

Now as clean as i am, i know the only reason i drank so long was because i was addiicted and uneducated.

The physical addiction is gone. The mental addiction has weakened for sure, but it is for life. It is a chronic condition.

I defeat the lifetime crave w my education.

But, we here all know that relapse could be a moment away.

That is the insanity of addiction.

Thanms.