View Single Post
Old 06-29-2018, 03:27 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
djlook

John,

I don't know if "dropping my sister" applies to what I needed to do to protect myself or not. I did move from the state she lives in. I had to ask myself, was she safe, and the answer was, as safe as she could be. I also asked myself were there people in frequent contact with her who would let me know if she was in danger and the answer was, yes. I talked to her a short while today when she called and she seems to be doing just fine without me there with her or me checking up on her like I used to. Her problems got really bad before I left, such as she thought people were shooting thousands of little airplanes in the sky hoping they'd land on her house and set it on fire. I just couldn't listen to it anymore. Bless her heart, she really believed it. She gets worse when there's stress. She disconnects from reality. When she's that bad I can't say anything to convince her those things are not true. If your sister's got her own apartment, is eating, paying her bills, etc., maybe that's the best she's going to get. The more I try and understand it or try to fix it the worse it gets. I just get nuts.