View Single Post
Old 06-29-2018, 03:15 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
wheekie

Katzen, I'm so sorry to hear you are still struggling at 3 months! I'm sure it is hard but hope it gets better for you. Like others have recommended here, have you talked to a doc?

Rar, I think it's highly possible that I've been using alcohol to diminish my anxiety.
And Verdantia--yes, I've heard and read about kindling. I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case with me as well. I have not talked to my doc about my alcohol use. But, I did go talk to her about my anxiety. I've been seeing her for a long time for anxiety and depression. And up until recently, I thought it was better.

Anyway, doc upped my anti-depressant (been on a low dose for a long time) and gave me gabapentin. I had tried it in the past for anxiety but without much effect.

I had taken Ativan for a while several years ago but developed a dependency to it even though I was taking it only as needed and a small dose. Getting off of that was sheer hell. I thought I was losing my mind and swore I'd never take benzos again.

However, I took gabapentin (300mg) yesterday afternoon about 5 pm and it knocked me out. I fell asleep for a long time. Woke up for an evening appointment and was really groggy. Then went to bed about 10:30, up at 6:30 (work appointment) and came back home and went to bed again for an hour.

Was still dragging. Worked from 10-3. Came home, cried and then slept again til just now.

Anyway, doc originally said I could use the gabapentin anytime I felt anxious (which I explained was primarily morning). Obviously, that's not going to work since I have a job and can't be sedated and function. UGH.

She said we may just have to wait until my anti-depressant kicks in.

I feel bad.