View Single Post
Old 06-29-2018, 02:25 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
August252015

Glad you made it back.

As far as meetings, I think the phrase I was told early on "go to meetings - go when you want to go, go when you don't, just go" applies. Perhaps your sponsor feels you should have "accountability" or such to your former group, and sure that might be good - but not wanting to go to that meeting absolutely does NOT have to be a barrier to going at all.

I hope you have a VERY structured taper or a well instructed detox for home if you're going that route. Would your sponsor or a friend be able to assist?

Also....I'd respectfully submit that your relapse didn't start when you actually bought the pot. IME, and as I hear many times- I'm either getting closer to a drink, or closer to a relapse, with every choice I make. Something was going on before you got to CO - if you can retrace your last six months sober, say, what was going on? Were you still working the steps? Communicating with your sponsor? Going to meetings (and enough)?

Those are the things I continue to be vigilant about because I want to do every single thing I can to bolster my recovery - I too am one who has zero chances left if I ever drink again.

You got another chance- you can make it stick for good this time. There might not be another one.