Old 06-28-2018, 09:35 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Jjb2018

Originally Posted by Verdantia View Post
Hey there, Jjb. Congratulations on day 4; you sound very positive and committed to sobriety and that's the attitude you need to succeed. I don't have children but remember well my dad's brutal alcoholism and how he was not fully there for me as a parent. I know you want your kids to have a wonderful life and to be there completely for them.
I drank only beer but alcohol is alcohol no matter the form, about 18 a day. (I am a small woman.) When I quit full stop I suffered those awful hallucinations and had a couple of seizures as well. It was hellish but I got lots of help (I needed it!) and celebrated my 30th month of sobriety last Saturday. I can't moderate either--I have no 'off' switch when it comes to drink. I was about as far down as it gets--now things are not perfect but they are much better, and that's enough. Wishing you all the best on this amazing, sober journey.
Hi Verdantia wow congrats on ur 30thmonths today i had a cravings today ussually last of day work i started drinking .binge till last night before the next following work but im glad im here i read my post again and again do i really have to go back in that.mess again.. and i read lots here today even i was at work on my break in every chance i can the day has passed and here i am another successful day of sobriety.. with my babies sober going to bed.