View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 06:47 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
teatreeoil007

John. Hmmmm. Man it's hard to be the loved one or closest living relative to someone who may or may NOT want your help when they need it the most.

Well, as a lot of sibling relationships go....they won't "listen" to you, but they may be more likely to listen to a total stranger when things are laid on the line.

*sigh*

I just get exasperated sometimes with folks that are "anti-meds" for the mentally ill. Many of those folks think meds are "bad" and have such terrible side effects and stuff...but frankly when you compare the mentally ill "off" their meds as opposed to "on" their meds ... I'll take the "on" the meds person any day!! In my experience, many of the folks who think meds are bad have not "dealt" with the "off the meds" version of people ENOUGH. They don't seem to realize that when some mentally ill people are off their meds they can be a harm to themselves and/or others and may end up on the streets/homeless. And, that's the reality.......anyways....I don't mean to turn this into a rant of mine.....this is your thread....

So, I am glad you feel free to come here for support and to vent, John.

I'm very independent too....just how I was raised....so I know how that goes.....but over the years I've become Pro meds for the mentally ill.....it's tough though because the schizophrenics can develop a delusion that the Dr.s are trying to "poison" them with the meds....and the bi-polars frankly enjoy the mania so much they don't want to be medicated either....so what is a loved one to do? Just be there in case and when they finally call for your help. There's only so much you can do....and you have to let go to an extent for your own well being. Detach with love.