Old 06-28-2018, 06:56 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
MantaLady
Ocean Lover!

How quickly things can change in rehab. Had a bad nights sleep, got quite upset doing my timeline and woke up to texts from my mum that weren’t very nice about my dad and how she felt and how he treated her. I really didn’t need to hear that as this is supposed to be my time to work out my feelings, my mum has a habit of making everything about her. Then I went to breakfast and there were people with loud music shouting and swearing at 6:30am, we’re not allowed music on or computers in the communal areas (feeling already angry and listening to loud death metal at 6:30am did nothing for my mood). Had meditation and at the end of the session just as you have opened your eyes one girl who has a voice like a foghorn started whining and whinging about her son’s teacher using bad language and an angry tone, spoilt the meditation for me and I really needed some peace. I missed the group session as got so overwhelmed and had so much anxiety I just couldn’t muster the strength to go. Afterwards I was told as I hadn’t been to the class that I was not allowed to go swimming! Well, With all the feelings I had inside this was the straw that broke the camels back and I flipped my lid and demanded my passport and money and told them to get me an f’ing taxi right now, I was outta there. I’m a grown woman and not being treated like some naughty child, I was absolutely livid!

My counsellor talked with me, calmed me down and told the staff that I was to be allowed to swim. I have chatted with some clients here who I trust and are very nice people who gave me good advice so all is better now and not going home lol.