View Single Post
Old 06-27-2018, 04:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sam31p

The thing is, I know a lot say it makes it worse, but is that meant as in, in that instance?

I have to just compare really. When I was 12, I hadn't even touched a drop of alcohol, symptoms affected me massively. To a point where it started as me never putting my hand up in class when I didn't understand, to a further point where I didn't understand (due to not putting my hand up) and leaving school....Well... "skiving" as much as possible.

Thats the key. The symptoms have always been there, no doubt about that, but over time, the more I have lost due to the symptoms.... Job chances, relationships, even seeing my mum in her final days, the harder it becomes.

Afterall, let's take the 'first date' scenario. Alcohol is 'dutch courage'. People use it for the reason of bypassing the nervousness and being more like themselves. Once they get comfy around that person... all good.

If symptoms are x10 each time, for no reason at all, it's so hard to manage.

Yeah, decaff all the way. Which shows really. Therapist doesn't mention decaff, even though I know I will avoid it.

Haven't spoken to doctor as I struggle to get to see them. The last app was him telling me to slow down, and just agreeing with me throughout