View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 10:51 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Stayingsassy

Originally Posted by SickInLove View Post
Oh my yes that’s a big one, since I’ve moved I’ve been so embarrassed. We have one grocery store and it’s the same people working every day and I always felt so embarrassed. I would text my husband and ask him to stop for drinks or even worse I’d drive the longer distance to target and buy 2 boxes of trulys and hide them.. which always ended up bad obviously. My brain “I’ll drink 3 a day” ... my AV “ nah just drink the whole box” I’ll be so happy to go in my small grocery store without being scared a parent from my kids school or their teacher will see me buying booze at 11 am.
I would buy two six packs of trulys (there weren't as many boxes before I quit) and convince myself I'd only drink one, yet somehow I knew I'd drink more because why would I buy two? Then here's an even more bizarre thing: I'd get to 7 or 9 and then get frustrated by the low alcohol content and move on to gin or vodka with diet soda to really give the addiction it's fill. So in the morning? There were always trulys left, starting the whole process over again.

Thank heaven and all the stars above, that is over.