View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 10:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
SickInLove

Originally Posted by tealily View Post
Great suggestions above on online ordering, but if you must go into a store, avoid the alcohol aisles like it has a snake in it that will strike.

Most grocery stores don't have wine right at the checkout.. go to one of those instead of Target.

No one can make your feet walk into the alcohol aisle but you.

Take your children with you. Think about how strong you are. What a good mom you can be without alcohol in your system. How every moment you go without alcohol in your body, your cells are healing themselves and you are getting healthier. Use your children as "armor" for yourself to do what's good for them and YOU.

Even buy yourself a healthy treat of some sort.. a fancy tea, a flavored coffee, a bar of gourmet chocolate, some ice cream you can enjoy with your kids.

Once you leave, without buying alcohol, give yourself a mental high five and think "good riddance"!

Every time you do this, you will be stronger and more capable. Soon you won't see the "snake in the wine aisle" anymore.. it'll just be random bottles of things you don't use.. like the pet aisle is if you don't have pets. You don't need this in your life anymore.

Sorry for the ramble. Just trying to think it through with you. I'm also a mom of three (very close in age) so I can totally relate.

Hang in there! Three days is AWESOME. It will only get better!

Another thing.. let go of the shame. You are doing well. Be proud of yourself. Every moment you don't drink you are getting stronger and farther away from that former life.

THANK YOU for this, I had tears in my eyes reading it. It’s such a huge relief to have support and someone to talk to. My husband works a lot and has no idea how out of control my drinking got. Maybe one day I’ll be brave enough to talk to him about it. I’m constantly worried about my health from drinking. Always fearing every ache and pain as liver damage, it gives me a lot of anxiety. My google search bar has googled “what are symptoms of chirossis of the liver” more than I can count. So you saying to think of my cells healing really is helpful, I definitely need to think of it that way AND maybe replace all of those empty booze calories that I was injesting with a treat instead sounds like a great idea