Old 06-25-2018, 03:34 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Tiredofdrugs
RIP Maria

Originally Posted by Cosima11 View Post
How's it going TOD? Today is 4 weeks for me and I wish I could say it's been a never ending pink cloud, but that's not entirely the case. There has been a rollercoaster of emotions. And I have to continuously remind myself it's not ok to transfer my addiction to sugar binges. I gave up soda cold turkey the same time as the cigarettes sooo it's been a lot to adjust to.

The other thing that's been really getting to me is all the time I have on my hands. Obviously it's the same amount of free time I had before, it's just glaringly obvious now that I'm consistently wasting it. I've been stalling and avoiding and procrastinating and using cigarettes to "fill the time". Now I'm just angry at myself.. How is it already the end of June?

Anyway, no one said it would be easy but I will say on the good days I feel a sense of peace I haven't felt in years. Like I'm remembering who I am before/without being enslaved to any substances. So there's that and I'm grateful to be smoke free at this point.
Hello there!

Well it thrills me to read you're 4 weeks w/o cigarettes!

I broke! I was down to my last two cig's and got the news my husbands best male friend that's been like a father to him? Passed away! Watching my husband fall apart did me in! I bought 4 packs!

I'm also going thru stacks and stacks of paperwork I've got around here getting ready to do battle with the creditors. I signed with a debt relief company! My stress level is over the top right now! So not a good time to stop two things at once.

I stopped the Baileys almost 7 days ago! So half of what I wanted to start is started! I'm not chain smoking and I don't buy a carton or more at a time. This helps me to not smoke so many.

So? I'll give y'all an update when things settle down around here. I really want to stop, but I don't want to climb the walls either dealing with so many stressful situations that's at my doorstep right now?

I'm rooting for you and will be joining you down the road!

TOD