Thread: Newbie Day 5
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2018, 07:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Newfuture

Newbie Day 5

Good evening. I am on day 5 being alcohol free. I'm 41 YO mom and wife. So far I'm loving being sober. I've had some cravings here and there but overall I love being in control of my life again. I woke up energized this morning and ran errands at 9:30 a.m. on a Saturday morning! What! I'm usually super tired and dehydrated from the previous night's 6 + drinks.

My husband, two boys, and I met friends for a seafood dinner this evening. At first, I really didn't want to go because I knew I couldn't drink. But once we got there I was fine. I ordered a sparkling water with lime in a wine glass. Perfect! I was truly satisfied. I'm going to stock up on sparkling mineral water and limes to drink at home.

I do believe weekends will be difficult for me in the beginning. It was always so nice to indulge on Fridays and Saturdays. Oh...who am I kidding, I indulged on most nights. But after a full week of sobriety it's hard to face the weekend with no booze. I didn't even go to the grocery store on Friday because I didn't want to see people stocking their carts with beer and wine. I know it would've made me upset. So, instead of going to the store, I ordered my groceries and picked them up In your face beer and wine!