Old 06-22-2018, 02:47 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
MyLittleHorsie

Anxiety can absolutely cause our minds to go haywire and our old buddy booze is right there.

Is there unresolved resentment with this person you are seeing? Is it something that can be resolved?

When you feel strong enough and safe, go out somewhere and take note of how many people have one and done, or don't drink at all. I was surprised the first time I really took a good look around. I have gone to many parties where there is 6 or 8 of us around the table and half of us are sober. One of the last fundraising events I went to as a guest, there was a table of 6, everyone of us could have drove home. In fact at that event I wouldn't say there were too many who couldn't. Now I have been to events where the opposite was true... but the majority of places I go, people are sober or drink moderate. A lot of restaurants I go to, most people have s glass or two and are done. When you drink it seems like everyone else is. When you take off the drinking goggles, you realize most people do not drink a lot.
I figured after putting in hay all day, the case of beer Dh bought would be gone when I got home. There were 4 out of it, there were 6 people here. We have more hay to put in tonight, we sheared a pin, well my son did lol so Dh ran to town to get a new one. When I helped hay last year, half that case would be gone and I claimed not to like beer. Perspective is huge in recovery.