Old 06-22-2018, 01:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Rainman1

Originally Posted by Readygo View Post
I tried to talk with my hubs about this but he does not understand why it’s a big deal to me. He thinks I should just be confident in myself and my decision but it’s not that easy for me. Talking with him just left me feeling more deflated than before 😕Don’t get me wrong I’d love it to be something I was happy to share and be open about, and I’m not sure why it’s not. One may be that I don’t have a lot of moments or events that I have had a chance to test my wings on my new lifestyle and When I have gone to events I’ve gotten mixed reviews and been somewhat disapointed with some that I thought would be much more supportive. My biggest thing right now is a bachelorrete this next weekend. Seeing as I am having some issues getting empathy from my husband I figure maybe you guys could help? I know I have asked about this in the past, but as the day gets closer I need support! I feel I’m just being criticized by my lack of excitement.

Side note-not sure if some of my angst is coming from seeing someone who I feel like doesn’t like me (but I’m not sure why)
Hey there Readyto go,
Your husband doesn't understand because he's not an Alcoholic. My wife is the same, I tell her things regarding my addictions and most of the time she gets it (she's been to Al-a-non meetings) but she just doesn't understand. It takes an addict to understand an addict.
I've been sober 13+months, It's not easy being around a bunch of people that are drinking, especially when they know your past drinking habits. As others have said try to minimize putting yourself in those situations, especially early on in your recovery. If you have to go to the bachelorette party, plan an escape route, if you start to feel uncomfortable get out of there.

Rainman