View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 11:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Buckley3

Update and almost 120

I've got like 119 days or something. Unreal how they stack up.

In other news, and I hope I am not pre-mature with this... thought about just waiting until Monday but I can't contain my excitement:

My house is selling Monday morning. I think I made it. 99%. 10 am on Monday we are scheduled to close, the closing statement is done, it looks like all lights are green. That HUGE part of my journey over the last 120 days is nearly done.

Just finished the last of cleaning and hauling stuff out.

Assuming nothing comes up between now and then it signifies the next to last and next to biggest hurdle I need to get across to atone for the accident and complete the transition to a relatively sane life - one not totally dominated by the insanity of booze.

I simply don't have the words to describe the satisfaction, peace, bliss, and gratitude I feel right now. When I think back to the moment I realized my best option for cleaning up the messes I'd created and getting a jump on a fresh, sober start was getting the house sold - and the mountain of crap I had to get through and make happen to get it done - totally makes my head spin. And then the fact that by some crazy good fortune I received an offer for almost exactly the dollar value I needed to pay off the 1st and 2nd and re-imburse me for the few things I've had to shell out to pay to get it sold.

I dunno man, I'd rather be lucky than good sometimes.

I'll be here barking at the moon with joy come Monday after the closing.

One more major hurdle to face in this ordeal I created. But it's so much easier to face that one now that the rest of my life is more or less returned to order and sanity.

Being sober is the bestest.

-B