Old 06-22-2018, 09:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
alwayscovering

I feel like all I do is complain-I hate that

I know you aren't supposed to engage someone who is actively using. AH can become quite angry when confronted while intoxicated. I just can't keep my feelings to myself anymore. I have never been that type of person. I have the 3 Cs written on the mirror with one of those window markers. I leave articles about alcoholism all over the house. I post stuff about addiction on FB daily. When he can't remember something I told him because he was drinking, I tell him that's the reason he can't remember. He told me he has his drinking under control. I replied "if you have to control it, it's a problem"

He started eating Keto like I do, doesn't understand why he's not losing because vodka has no carbs. Yep but the body can't process fat if it has to process alcohol. And if you're on a high fat diet what do you think is happening to all the new fat you're consuming. HELLO!!??? Logic anyone?

He's super pissed at me because I told our PCP about his drinking and Doctor is extremely alarmed at the amount he drinks (DUH) and now he has to go in to have his liver checked.

I suppose this isn't smart, but I can't seem to stop myself from doing it. I know I need a counselor. I've called around and just waiting to have intake call me back so I can make an appt.