Old 06-19-2018, 04:04 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
FikesM

Originally Posted by Lizajane View Post
Hi Fikes! Congratulations on 2.5 months sober. This is a big deal to your partner because excessive drinkers feel comfortable with excessive drinkers. This is going to be a big transition for both of you. My husband had a really hard time with his friends understanding that he had to QUIT drinking, not just cut down when he went on golfing weekends. There was a lot of pressure to just loosen up and have a couple. Even though these friends knew he had drinking issues. They did not understand the extent to which they were destroying his life. My advice would be to not go on these weekends for now. Until your friends begin to accept your sobriety, spending a long period of time with them in a situation where going home when you felt ready is not an option might not be the best plan. Good luck with this! You are definitely making a good life improving choice. It will just take time to sort out what else might need to change along with this.
I don稚 see these guys enough to cancel the trip. I see them once a year. Like, I think I値l have control. I知 into body building again so I know that値l help when they see my awesome transition (physical results) and I feel that should help them understand. Maybe I知 just being anxious because my friends are super professional and two of them are doctors and one is a nurse so I think they値l understand. Maybe it痴 just my anxiety?