View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 01:09 PM
  # 516 (permalink)  
venuscat

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Went to a movie and on the drive home I saw a sign by the road that read, "Readings, Crystals, Astrology." Thinking it was a metaphysical shop I made a U-turn and stopped in and I ended up having a Tarot card reading.
She mentioned stuff about my life and marriage and when I asked about the food stuff she said "it's nothing you can't handle- you've overcome bigger addicdtions in the past." She also said it's going to be a gradual change and isn't going to happen in one day. She even used the phrase, "One day at a time..."

It makes this all feel so much lighter. I think putting so much pressure on myself to abstain from compulsive overeating is making things harder. Yes, that is my goal but I am making baby steps to get there. Every binge feels different- every urge is a bit easier and the binges are half the size that they used to be so I take that as an improvement.

I didn't abstain from my trigger foods today and that's okay. I still love myself, no matter what.
Hope everyone is doing okay- I'm sorry so of us are getting triggered it seems. Wish I knew how to help.
I love this post. I always think you are so very hard on yourself, although of course I understand this trait...

I am unbelievably proud of you.
You and Midnight are the most determined women I have ever known. You are both my heroes. ♥♥♥