View Single Post
Old 06-17-2018, 11:39 PM
  # 502 (permalink)  
MidnightBlue
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, all.

Bim - Sorry to hear this. Food addiction is such a controversial topic it inevitably involves different opinions and approaches. I am glad you've found the way which works for you. We are cool, right?

Jeni - Maybe, change the word "restriction" for any other world which doesn't trigger such negative connotations? Because the food you are going to cut out of your nutrition is not actually food, it's combination of mostly artificial ingredients which don't do to our body anything but harm. In a way you can look at it as "substance".

You are not restricting yourself, you are making your life better and doing yourself a huge favor.

You quit cigarettes! And I've heard it's one of the toughest addictions to get rid of . You can do it with sugar too!

Have you seen "Sugar" documentary? It's about a guy who made an experiment and ate so called "healthy" foods (low fat yougurts, etc) instead of his regular sugar-free nutrition. He ate an average of 40 g of sugar per day. And a team of doctors tracked everything that was happening to his body.

It was scary.

You are trading artificial freedom ("I can eat this chocolate bar) for real freedom (I can do whatever I want, wear whatever I want, engage myself in activities whatever I want).

I am rooting for you!

Well, and for myself too because I have a sugar hangover and I do feel like "curing" it with some comforting food.

Have a good day/night, everyone.