View Single Post
Old 06-15-2018, 09:30 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
rayna87

My best friend is just like your friend. And, until very recently, I was too. I teetered for a really long time. I have a good job, I have a house, I pay my bills, on the outside I have it totally together. So does she. So i thought blacking out at least every other weekend with my “best friend” was just partying. Two successful women enjoying Saturday “brunch” and having fun because we’ve had a long week. I can’t speak for her, but i knew my problem carried way beyond that, and I’ve since seen the total difference between a fun weekend and being completely out of control. Which i was. Your friend may be in denial, but is the only one who can make that call for themselves. I was in denial for years, and made the same jokes and laughed it off and chalked it up to just having a good time. But i finally woke up to it just very recently, told my friend i can’t do our day drinking brunch thing this weekend, and who i thought was just my ‘drinking buddy’ came through to be so incredibly supportive of me! That being said, you have to take care of yourself first and foremost