Old 06-15-2018, 11:22 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Wamama48

I've been thinking about you. I think pretty much everyone on this board understands being furious with the A and at the end of your rope 10x over. Completely normal! Anyway, we are thinking about you and wondering how you're doing. Come here to vent, it really helps.
Originally Posted by SmallButMighty View Post
Clarity, I just wanted to lend my support along with the others.

I completely understand why you would feel overburdened having to provide even more of your vital energy to this guy. I know how unfair it feels, especially when he hasn't treated you with respect, yet he wants you to help clean up his messes, yet again. It sucks.

Please do ask for help from anyone you feel you can trust. It is absolutely exhausting dealing with the things you have and will be dealing with through this process. One of the most exhausting things of all is protecting the image of the alcoholic... please don't do that to yourself. This isn't just a "him" problem, it's a YOU problem too and if you want help and support while you get through it you are entitled to ask for it, regardless of how he feels about it.

Hang in there. Hugs.