Old 06-14-2018, 10:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MissPerfumado

Life can still be tough, but at least I'm sober

Wow.

What a week it's been. On at least three occasions in the last week, I've had unpleasant things happen and thought - I would so have run to a bottle of wine (and more) just two and a half years ago.

1. Last week, my boyfriend of one year called time on our relationship. This one thing had brought me so much joy and happiness. He was just the man of my dreams - kind, gentle, smart, responsible, loving, and handsome! But for now, it's over. I don't wish to go into the detail of it, suffice to say that breaking up is not something either of us chose. It has to do with stuff from his past that he has to sort out, and it's not a good idea for us to be together until he does. We remain friends but it's like a bandaid being peeled off slowly. I miss him so badly and I've been repressing a lot of emotion over it the last few days.

2. I had to pay an unexpectedly large tax bill last Tuesday. It was a lot higher than my accountant had told me it would be, and set me back quite a bit. For a couple of weeks, I wasn't even sure how I would get it paid, but being sober means I was more resourceful and didn't bury my head in the sand. At some point, I called my bank and ended up refinancing my house.

3. Then today, I had an unpleasant phone call with a client where it was brought to my attention that an email I sent 3 weeks ago ended up with negative consequences for my client. It was a case of bad judgment and a slip on my part as to how I worded things. The client was nice about it but I have let him down.

It's Friday afternoon here, and I wish I could go for a run to clear my head, but I have a broken foot that's healing so even that is not possible!

So, love, money, work .... everything is going south at the same time.

But I am sober, and I am strong, and I have people who love me like my family whom I can call on. Life goes on.

And drinking is NOT an option. Not now when the chips are down and not ever.

x
MissP